Thursday, January 19, 2012

Workin for the weekend

 SERENITY NOW!- George from Seinfeld (says Hank, I don't watch it enough...)

It's hard to believe I am closing in on the tail end of week three! Close to half way through the challenge. Its a weird really, because of course part of me is counting down to the end of this thing-- but I hate wishing days and weeks away!


Its funny how often we do that, who's working for the weekend out there? Who is happier at work when its Friday? This girl is! Who is ready for August to be here? :) But its about all of the stuff and experiences that get us to our destinations- that's the good stuff. What do they say--- life is what happens when you're busy planning- or something like that?


I've been trying to do my best to focus on really living every day. Looking forward to big things- and little things from going to the box for a workout and camaraderie or cozy-ing up with Hank for a movie. (Even though we didn't get to watch last night cause Hank forgot he had a basketball game--- rain check. :)...) While food has always played a big part of what I've looked forward to throughout the week, going out to a new place for dinner, etc.-- I find that there is a lot more to look forward to, in addition to food, and its good to recognize the diverse things that make us happy and make life good!

I was introduced to this prayer about a year and a half ago, it helped me live in the moment more and let go of the control I so desire to have-- bu tto be honest I had forgotten about it until I just googled it. I really like it and hope you find it helpful too.

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr 

Okay, now to the food and activities the past two days-- food hasn't been too exciting I am going to try and spice it up this weekend and do some experimenting-- look for some pictures Sunday/ Monday. Speaking od jazzing stuff up-- Blair is still the only one to accept my challenge! Its cool, feel free to share if you come up with something. :)

Breakfast: (Wed) 2 eggs scrambled with a heaping tbsp of greek yogurt & blueberries (Thur) same thing but one egg -- I think I need the most ideas on breakfast
Lunch: (Wed) turkey bratwurst, sweet potato fries, some veg I don't remember? (Thur) pork, leftover brussel sprouts & sweet potato "fries"
Dinner: (Wed) red pepper chk, brussel sprouts spaghetti squash (Hank's new fav) (Thur) Greenlife hot bar-- they've expanded-- some kinda chicken, sauteed veggies, spinach salad with cucumbers & olives, blackberries & strawberries, and you guessed it, sweet potato "fries." I'm pretty sure you are not supposed to eat that many sweet potatoes (they are to be eaten in moderation on this diet) but oh well, I don't lose points!!

Activities: (Wed) yoga/ stretching (Thur) "Annie" 50-40-30-20-10 reps of double unders (I did half real- got 14 in a row again and half attempts) and sit ups! I finished in 11:39- I was hoping for less, but those double unders are tricky. What I like about double unders though, is that the whole process of learning and improving has been something thats just clicked. Then we did bench presses I bench pressed 30 kilos.

That's the story going into Friday- hope everyone enjoys their day- and hey its almost the weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment