Friday, January 13, 2012

Tossed salads & scrambled eggs

Happy Friday!

This cold virus is kicking me in the butt- zapping my energy & supressing my appetite. Hoping it doesn't linger too long!

I'm nervous again going into the weekend, that's when Hank and I indulge in our favorite mexican, order a pizza, share a bottle of wine, etc. During the week, I've always done better-- its more structured-- and I've always splurged on the weekend. The cold may actually help me out, although all I want now is some chicken noodle soup! I'd say I'd skip the noodles, but its canned food and I don't have energy to make from scratch right now! Maybe I'll give that a try on Sunday. Really hoping I have the energy and the appetite to make paleo pizza tomorrow!! If I do, I'll be sure to share.

Breakfast was a smoothie, same as yesterday, with some almonds. Lunch was delicious: beef filet, oven burst tomatoes and greens (pre-made paleo to the rescue). Although I've been eating it throughout the day, a little at noon, a little at 3-- and now I'll finish the meat for dinner along with sweet potatoes and an apple.

Worked out at the box 626 again today- don't know how smart that was giving how I'm feeling, but I don't want to lose my muscle! I'll take it easy this weekend. Did 4 rounds of the workout in 26:37 (rx was 5 rounds): 20 pulls ups (straight leg in the black band), 30 KB swings 12kg/ 26lbs KB (rx was 16kg/ 35lb I believe- could be wrong), and 40 double unders-- I counted attempts with these too, which made up close to 1/3-1/2 of my du's depending on the round. But I will say, during the workout, I set a record for double unders in a row (something that is new to me- when I started early November I couldn't even do a double under) 14!!

Today, I've learned that I am tired and when I'm tired I really enjoy watching hours of tv in bed! I'm thankful for re-runs of How I met your mother and Frasier (that's right- Frasier, I don't know why I love it, but I do.)

Goodnight now! I need to rest up because mom is coming in town to go wedding dress shopping with me! This was totally last minute as we realized it could take up to 6 months to get a dress and that this was a good holiday weekend for her to come-- it would've been at least three more weeks before she could come again. Wish us luck tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment