Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Hank's beautiful colorful breakfast plate! My breakfast wasn't this beautiful- but it was pretty decent. I had one egg, bananas and blueberries mixed with some Greek yogurt. Same old same old-- I need to switch it up. :)

Lunch was spinach with chicken, feta and a little salsa (sugar free- watch those packages!), pretty simple but pretty delicious.

Dinner was pre-made paleo, thank goodness for it since I didn't get home till 8:30! Beef, turnip puree and greens.

Since my meals are getting a little boring (besides my weekend adventures in paleo cooking)- I am posing a challenge! To crossfitters and non-crossfitters alike (Blair, I know you've already accepted.)-- share some recipes, whether they are favorites or you are coming up with recipes from scratch, post them in the comments area! The easier, the better! Refresher- no sugar (unless its from fruit or vegetables), no grains, no alcohol. I'll give them a try and share how it goes here.

Workout at Box 626 tonight was a good one. I rxed the run- 1000m, rxed the reps of the push ups 100 (but not the actual pushups, since I did them on my knees) and did the beginner level snatches (note the video does not show a beginner snatch, its quite advanced.) with 17 kilos- 10 reps. :) Finished in 16:30. I have to say the snatch is another one I need to work on, but I was excited that I was able to get the bar closer to my body- one thing at a time right? Next I'll work on a better landing. I need to land like I mean it! Had a post workout shake.


Side note: Hank found some packaged chicken sausage at Green life that didn't have sugar as an ingredient...so that got me thinking- the sausage I had at the beginning of this challenge may have been sugar free as well-- and guess what it was! So I get some points back (not sure how many yet- need to go back and count, too tired to do that right now)! Woohoo!

Today, I've learned I've been going non-stop for a while, so I am grateful that I've giving myself a day off tomorrow from after-work activities (not a day off from the diet and I'll have to do some sort of activity- I can't lose points- but it will be something I enjoy). So no blog, no WOD (although I'll miss it), no wedding planning, and no cooking- yay for pre-made paleo. Hank and I are going to watch a movie. Sometimes, you just gotta take a break!

Hope everyone can find a time to take a break for themselves at some point this week, of course after sharing your recipes. :)




2 comments:

  1. OK you - yes...I will get you some paleo-friendly recipes...that aren't complicated bc you have enough going on:)
    And i guess my other comment didn't come thru before...it was to go with your bible verse a few days ago...another verse on trusting God to give us what we need when all we want to do is micromanage ourselves and claw our way to our goals...
    Matthew 6:33
    "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

    ReplyDelete