Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Big Cheat





So, if you've read Saturday's blog- you know Hank and I knowingly cheated last night! So, for this blog I will address the cheat.

I had 3 pieces of Lupi's pepperoni pizza- no crust though- I felt as though that made it better and a little bit of salad with vinaigrette. I also had 2 glasses of red wine.

So here is the deal, I've heard that I would feel terrible (I was kind of hoping I was), I didn't. Not at all (I think I have pizza in my blood). BUT, I also wasn't crying because I was so happy I was having pizza and wine like I thought I would. It was good, I enjoyed it. I don't feel the urge to have to have it again sometime soon, which I was afraid of. And, strangely enough I think I missed the wine more, haha. That being said, I think the wine made me have crappy sleep. Plus, I had dreams all night that I was cheating and eating all kinds of bad food. Thinking I might have felt a little bad about it.

So, here I am the day after. I think I have a good focus to finish these next 3 weeks. Breakfast = eggs with spinach, snack a larabar (my new favorite thing), lunch spinach salad at mojo with ground beef, red peppers, tomatoes, green onions & guac for my dressing. Went for a walk for the activity. Snacked on roasted salted almonds during the movie (the popcorn smelled really good-- but that's okay- although I think it may have been the first time ever Hank went to the movies without getting popcorn!). I'm boiling pre-made paleo right now for dinner, chicken, steak, some sort of white veggie puree that's not half bad, and spaghetti squash, strawberries (small portions of each- not very hungry).

I know I promised experimenting- sorry I never got around to it today -opted for going to a movie instead (we saw Haywire, it was an interesting movie). I will try to experiment some this week. I have a delicious dessert idea and a good looking recipe for paleo meatballs! Since I am cutting down on the greek yogurt and am getting tired of eggs, I do plan to make paleo oatmeal this week (after tomorrow, I need to go grocery shopping), I will let y'all know how it goes.

At church today, we discussed the parable of the mustard seed, which has a lot to do with patience. Something I'm wishing I had a little more of last night and I guess in life in general-- its easy to want things and to want them now, but oh well, we also learn and we grow a little each day. Nothing moves fast and nothing is perfect- its all about the journey, and the journey has obstacles, as Ryan said over time, your struggle becomes your ministry!

Mt 13:31-32 Here is another illustration Jesus used: "The Kingdom of Heaven is like a mustard seed planted in a field. It is the smallest of all seeds, but it becomes the largest of garden plants; it grows into a tree, and birds come and make nests in its branches."

I am learning to focus on having patience- with this diet, with a lot of things- at work, in wedding planning, at the gym, and more. I am grateful that I've become much more open to the concept of learning and not knowing everything and not having the answers- and having the patience for the time it takes to grow.

Week 4, here we go!


2 comments:

  1. Yes, I broke my over 30 year streak of not eating popcorn while at the movies..it was a good run, what can I say? but records are made to be broken!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go girl! I'm glad you were able to satisfy your craving as well as know that you don't need to have it all the time. I wish I could eat pizza more, I'm jealous! :)
    And yay Hank for passing on the popcorn!

    ReplyDelete