Thursday, February 2, 2012

Be inspired

When I first started this blog, I wanted to document things in which I am thankful for- many blogs I've come out and said it-- some silly-- but true, some deep and meaningful. Others I've eluded to it along with my "learnings" of the day and sometimes I just plain forget. 


Today, I am going to start with what I am thankful for. I am grateful for finally watching the documentary below last night. Our pastor's dad had a terrible accident almost two years ago, and Ryan made a documentary he played at church one Sunday I wasn't there, back in August I believe-- and I've been meaning to watch it, I finally did.


This short film made me realize how thankful I am for the things I take for granted. I may be frustrated with my running-- but at least I can run a little bit, and I am blessed to have the ability to engage in physical activity at all. I am thankful I can give Hank a hug and have a conversation with my mom on the phone every other day. Not everybody can do these things.


I am amazed by people who have shortcomings and severe struggles, but they fight... they fight to live to the fullest. It makes you think more about enjoying every day and accepting the challenges and the valleys we find ourselves in-- some take a few steps to get out of, others are quite the climb. Sam fought for his life and continues to fight, his will and his families will to get out of the valley is a story of faith, trust and miracles. 


Its over 30 minutes, but I hope you'll find the time this weekend to watch it, or Sunday night even before going to bed-- I promise you'll be inspired.



Now, for the basic, much less inspiring stuff-- however I guess some of you are still inspired at some level by my eating and activity habits :)


B: almost oatmeal, 1/2 chk sausage link
S: larabar
L: leftover spaghetti squash, chk & veggies
D: pre-made paleo pork, sweet potato fries & veggies
S: apple with almond butter
A: Yoga with Tiffany at CrossFit Brigade

I hope to make some of the recipes that you all have shared with me this weekend!! I promise if I don't get to it during the challenge, I will after- I have to fit into my wedding dress, remember??


Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment