Sunday, April 1, 2012

Challenges

Hank's mom forwards me (and others) e-mails called "A minute with Wiley" from her pastor-- here is one she sent a few weeks ago that has stuck with me and become my mantra:


Psalm 107:1 O give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever.

The steadfast love of God is greater than anything by which you will be challenged.

In my last post, I talked about looking for challenges that would drive me, and would help me blog more, give me something to talk about. Well I found my challenge, and its actually causing me to blog less: LIFE.

While life has become increasingly busy---- wedding getting closer, to do list getting greater, spring cleaning, car totaled from hail and I need to buy a new car, diet fading and skinny jeans getting tight so signing up for a mini challenge with the gym that equals more cooking, changes in work causing double the work, spring in the air and all I want to do is play outside, wanting to visit friends in Atlanta, missing my family, the list goes on and on--- the good news is God's love is truly greater than all of this and I know all of these things are truly a blessing. 

And in all of the busy time-- I work to slow down and spend more time with God and less time in front of the computer and TV (so....one challenge I came up with was giving up TV, Hank wouldn't agree to it, haha), less time making to do lists, less time blogging!

So, I don't plan to blog a bunch moving forward, hopefully I'll check in every once in a while with something fun, interesting or motivational--- but its not going to be one more thing on my to do list that I feel bad about not getting done. :)

I did have a few suggestions for my challenge from Emily last month: work on double unders and kipping pullups and I am proud to announce that my new record for DU's in a row is 20 and I did my first WOD on Friday doing pull ups without a band. :) So I do have challenges, with activity, eating, work, balance, spiritual life and more I am working on every day, and I hope you all are blessed to have them too.

So, I'll be back at some point-- but in the meantime, I'm going to shut down the computer and cozy up with Hank!

For fun, here are some of the "good" meals/ snacks I've made over the last few weeks and remembered to take pictures of:

almond meal chk & zucchini salad         mexican turkey burger & sweet potato     paleo sauce-less spaghetti

Have a good healthy balanced week! 








No comments:

Post a Comment